Well, this is me, writing a sort of test run for the first time on the blogosphere (is that even a word? Well it surely is now).
I’m Spencer. Just a few things about myself:
- I am obsessed with politics, and all that is current events (news junkie)
- Coffee=LOVE. I work at City Brew. Perfecto. Ask me the coffee lingo.
- I am also in love with Speech & Debate. I compete in Original Oratory, and will be also in Humorous.
- Ahh, and…I’m planning on going to law school after I graduate. Possibly Carroll College for Bachelor’s anyway. (Major in Accounting, then go onto Law School elsewhere–since Pre-Law isn’t a major…)
- BPA (Business Professionals of America) Chapter President for BSHS. 😀
The overall theme of the blog community is to talk about the beautiful and the ugly of our Senior years–I believe even a sort of “before, during, and after” stages of senior year. But really, we will be talking about a Smörgåsbord of things–from technology, drama, sports, college apps, terrorism, Hillary Clinton, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and I’ll surely be informing you all of my experience in Speech & Debate, as well as the B.P.A Club…I’ll have a lot for speech. Lots to rant about–like I said, the beautiful, and the ugly :). Rather exciting–I’ve always wanted to blog, yet I really didn’t wish to do it on some “blahblah.wordpress.org” site, but rather a unique one, such as twentyeleven.org. Lovely. Ah, and now I shall tell ye about my first day of high school my Senior year…
A QUICK RUN THROUGH OF MY PERIODS…(I only have five…)
- FIRSTLY—Test in AP English. Woot, woot, and woot. Invisible man=easy…I think I know the if’s, an’s, and but’s of the book after the whole freaking summer reading this ghastly, yet intriguing glob of a novel.
- SECONDLY—Study hall. UGH. Accounting 5 will take it’s place tomorrow, THANKFULLY, since I had to get paperwork done (yay for bureaucracy) towards Accounting as an individual study class…Study hall is basically the epitome of boringness.
- THIRDLY—Photography at Senior with Mr. Harmon. Yes, I think I’m going to quite like this class…I LOVE art, yet my hand simply denies myself on any real artistic talent towards painting or drawing unless I painstakingly use all my effort. Photography, however—a much different story. This is not NEARLY as simple as drawing or painting, yet it requires an understanding of how to facilitate light, the camera itself, and many other variables…but thank god I’m not drawing—that’s all I care about.
- FOURTH…LY—Algebra III. My teacher, Mrs. Fancher(sp?) is actually in the army or something or other…she has some sort of title having to do with Montana. So, yay for being strict and keeping order, rather than allowing jokes and other miscellaneous crapola to go on…I need to learn every freaking detail I can in any sort of mathematical class, otherwise I’m L-O-S-T. It’s not like English or Social Studies for me. Which is lovely, but I can deal.
- FIFTH…LY—Political Science at Rocky Mountain College. FUN. FUN. FUN. This class is basically a philosophy class of sorts, yet talking about what justice actually is—we’re reading Plato’s Republic, as I’ve told many of you already…It’s an awesomely insightful book. So far, so good. However I did forget a certain small assignment today, in which I had to email my professor, and said, “Professor, I’m sorry for being dunderheaded. I’m requesting the Crito handout. I was confused apparently about what I needed to email you about, and I promise it won’t happen again.” Lovely, once again.
AFTER SCHOOL…I ran around asking past Forensics Coaches (Mrs. McCarthy) meeting times for Speech & Debate, and when we’ll be starting up again. I received our schedule for tournaments, which worked out swell.
NEXT, I was off to city brew to get a Granita…in which I RETURNED because I forgot I was having coffee with Olivia Calabrese. Oh dear. But that was fun. I do enjoy talking old novels with her…and speech in general as well.
FINALLY, I finished reading for my Political Science assignment…phew. SIGH PHEW.
Overall, my first day was made of pure bliss and unicorns.
My blog will be nicknamed…
Golly, Gee Willikers.
*END BLOG TRANSMISSION*!