yeah… it’s been a while, i know. at the urging of the bossman, i have decided to explain why i haven’t been posting at all for a while.
Junior Term paper.
it’s hell. it’s not as bad as everybody makes it seem, but it is very time-comsuming. when i’m not researching my term paper(on depression), i’m giving friends a ride to wherever they wanna go, working(someone quit so i get more hours… yay?), shopping for a prom dress(i am going with bossman), or attempting to relax. what do i do for fun? drive around listening to my ipod, which is in desperate need of some new tunes. i saw brian regan with my family last weekend, and he said “an ipod is a wonderful device. it turns all the songs you love, into songs you never want to hear again.” which is generally true. i spend most of the time on my ipod pushing the next button. luckily, lady gaga’s new album comes out soon, and panic at the disco’s new album is coming out next month. yaaaaaaaaaaaay. both have released singles, and i gotta say i prefer P!atd’s “the ballad of mona lisa” to lady G’s “born this way”. i just have to point out one thing… if you are transgender, (nothing wrong with it) you weren’t born that way. that’s the whole point of being transgender. plot flaw in the new one there.
in other news… last payday, i made $149. it was almost completely gone that night. i went to walmart, cashed my check, got some things i’ve been wanting to try, (some new mascara, new soap for my bathroom, mt dew whiteout, 17 magazine, toothpaste, stride SPARK, and some grapes) you know. the good stuff. then i had to go to my dad’s house and babysit my little brother while he went to a meeting so i stopped by QDoba to get some quick dinner before then. i was in a hurry. this is already bad. i grabbed my wallet only out of my purse, left my keys on the seat, and proceded to realize i locked my keys purse AND cell phone in my car. awesome. so i figured i would just go in anyway and at least get something to eat while i figured out how to get my keys. i saw three people i kind of knew and didn’t want to talk to when i walked in, and just when i thought i’d have to ask one of them to use a phone, i saw my friend ashlee in the corner with her dad. she let me use her droid to get the number of the guy who always unlocks my car for me (for $40) and he did that and i went on my merry way. that’s half my paycheck spent. halfway home, *ding* my gas light comes on. sweet. spent another $30 on a half tank of gas. then i went home for about an hour and watched tv with my little brother, and then i picked up kalani from work. molly from her boyfriends, and ashlee from her house and we all went to noodle bowl express to just hang out. i spent another $13 dollars on food for my little brother and i. then i spent $20 dollars at hasting’s on a new lanyard, a coheed and cambria bracelet, and a car charger for my ipod. then i took everyone home and slept like a baby. not really. i suck at sleeping lately. so i spent $133 dollars before 24 hours had passed. i spent the rest the next day hanging out with joshua at grains of montana and paciugo. did you know they make violet flavored gelato? twas good.
i hope i get better about posting more. sorry this is way unorganized.
thanks for reading.
nom. so i’m a very musically inclined person, and during the winter it only gets worse because i hate being outside in the cold. i also hate sunlight and fresh air. that was a joke, for the readers who now think i’m a hermit..
anyway. i’ve been getting into a lot of mellow stuff, like *cringe* will. (i want to do this!) Andrew Bird’s album Weather Systems has been a favorite of mine since march, and I just got back into some music from my childhood, the soundtrack of the piano. apparently it’s a movie from 1993. i’ve never seen it, but my mom plays the songs all the time and i love them. I also recently purchased Frank sinatra’s greatest hits album. NOM NOM NOM. he has the same birthday as me, fun fact. (DECEMBER 13 SEVEN DAYS ZOMG)
on a more hardcore note, i’ve gotten back into System of a down, thanks to my good friend, Jeremy Hicks. some goodies i’ve added recently are:
- ghosts n stuff- Deadmau5
- feeling good- My brightest diamond
- the green gentleman- P!atd
- planetary (GO!)- My Chemical Romance
- Envy is Dangerous- Raised Fist
- That’s life- Frank Sinatra (HOMEBOOOOOOOOOOOOY)
- We are all we have- the casualties (thanks opus)
- Erase me- kid cudi
- sledgehammer- Peter Gabriel
- Rant- Bo Burnham (it’s all about the catholic church and i FREAKING LOVE IT)
- all to all- broken social scene
- we called it america- NOFX
- beep- the pussycat dolls (this song makes me cry from laughing so hard)
- don’t hold back- the sleeping
- statues of ourselves- Semi Precious Weapons (these guys opened for gaga and they’re so ridiculous.)
- Doo Dah Doo Doo- Tim and Eric. it’s unsettling how much this song reminds me of something my friends would do.
happy hint: THE SNOW MOVES WITH YOUR MOUSE!! i made opie bring it back for my own guilty pleasure… 😉 that’s all folks, my next post may or may not be before my birthday, but you can sure as heck look forward to pictures of everything i rake in!
The arrival of wintry weather has allowed me to spend more time listening to music. In addition to listening to almost half of the newest Angels & Airwaves album, LOVE, I’ve been able to listen to some other “new” music that I loaded onto my iTunes library a while ago, but never actually listened to. For example, I’ve listened to most of the songs on the Jennifer’s Body Soundtrack, but there were a few songs I hadn’t listened to yet. One of these songs was “Time” by Cute is What We Aim For. “Time” has become one of my favorite songs in my iTunes library– I’ve been listening to it at least twice a day for the past week. It’s lyrics are beautiful and remind me of scenes from the past. The following chorus from the song has been running through my head all week:
“I need the product of your fears
In the form of tears,
It’s the only way I can survive,
It breaks my heart to see you cry,
And baby, it’s the only way I stay alive,
Green eyes, blue skies,
Natural disasters when she cries,
Green eyes, they’re mine,
It’s only a matter of time.
It’s only a matter of time…”
In addition to “Time”, I’ve been listening to a lot of other mellow music. Songs that have been frequenting my iTouch playlist are: “As You Sleep” by Something Corporate, “Running Away” by AM, “I Wanna Love You” by The Maine, and “You’re So Last Summer” by Taking Back Sunday.
What have you been listening to lately? Does your taste in music change when snow starts to fall? Let me know with a comment in the box below.
P.S. Let your friends know about us! As we near the 2,000 hit mark, we’re trying to get more readers to check out the twentyeleven blog. One of the main things we focused on at our last meeting was increased readership, and to get that we need your help! Thanks!
i figured i’d let you guys know what i (supposedly) listen to the most. some of these might be my mom’s doing.
- bright lights- matchbox twenty.
- boats and birds- Gregory and the Hawk
- Hours of Wealth- Opeth
- Lost- Avenged Sevenfold… (brother)
- Jealous guy- Casey James
- Candle (sick and tired)- White Tie Affair
- Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 1- Pink Floyd
- Falling Down- Atreyu♥
- Beautiful, Dirty, Rich- Lady Gaga (mom)
- Hold On- good Charlotte
- coffeshop soundtrack- all time low (thanks opie)
- He Lives In You- Lebo M (opening song of lion king 2)
- Fame- Lady Gaga (mom)
- Bad Romance- Lady Gaga
- Truth- Seether
- Colors- Crossfade
- Honor- Atreyu ♥
- The light and the glass- Coheed and cambria ♥
- Jamie all over- Mayday Parade (thanks again opie)
- Black or white- Michael Jackson
- Trashin’ the camp- Phil collins ft. N*SYNC (tarzan soundtrack)
- Teeth- Lady Gaga
- Icky Thump- White stripes
- Dirty Diana- Michael Jackson
- Speechless- Michael Jackson
- and if we didn’t have the ones from my mom and brother, we get…Mother Superior- Coheed and Cambria
- Downfall- Matchbox twenty
so there’s that… and now to explain the next section of my title. when i parked this morning, the bell had already rung, and i wasn’t sure if they were letting us in after the first ten minutes again, so i was desperate for a spot. i took one that just happened to be three feet deep. couldn’t get out, so what do i do? fix my hair a little and stroll into the weight room and ask who wants to help “little ol’ me” *insert pout here* get my car outta the snow. six guys followed me across the school to push it out. epic win on my part. of course it’s sick, but i got my car out, and i didn’t have to call a tow truck… so everybody’s happy.
and now for the latest segment of things you don’t normally hear in first period…
- “why have you got grow lights in your house, swarm??” “have you seen the yearbook photo requirements?” “what has that got to do with your grow lights?” “I shouldn’t talk about that, I’m trying to change the subject.”
- “the guys in this room didn’t do a thing about it. Of course, there aren’t any guys in this room.”
- “Hazen, you’re a brat. Just because you’re kinda big and semi-good lookin doesn’t mean you shouldn’t nicen up. You could actually get a nice girlfriend who wouldn’t break up with you after a week cuz you’re a jerk.”
- “so this thanksgiving was just bad. The guy carving the turkey cut his finger and it was a pretty good slice, so he was bleeding all over it. it was like drip, drip, drip, and i was the only one who saw it. well the guy had a little too much to drink and i had to take over and i didn’t know what to do so i just didn’t say anything, so somebody got bloody turkey and it was just bad.”
- “YOU ATE THE BLOODY TURKEY??” -me in a british accent
- si, espanol uno es babyland.
- say you have a guy who takes your woman, can you call him a ladrona, a lady thief? “miguel, you can call him anything you want, i’d say a lot worse than that.”
- la ladrona siguio robando ellas, that means the lady thief kept on stealing ladies. “gracias, miguel…”
I’ve always loved the song “Jamie All Over” by Mayday Parade. While I consider myself a fan of Mayday Parade, I’ve never really explored their breakout album, A Lesson in Romantics, in its entirety. Shortly before I went to bed, I decided to randomly check my Twitter feed (a rare event). On the home page, there was a tweet that said “Mayday Parade’s “Miserable at Best” always makes me cry.” As someone who’s only experienced relatively cheery music from the band, this came as a bit of a shock and I quickly hopped onto iTunes to see what I had missed… and I had apparently missed one of the most awesome songs on the album (albeit the most depressing).
Sometimes its nice to discover “old” music after everyone else has abandoned it.